- Appellation: Napa Valley
- Vineyard Site: 1/2 mile south of St. Helena on Lewelling Lane, an alluvial fan at the base of the western foothills
- Soil: Bale gravelly loam
- Vines: Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc on 110R rootstock
- Trellis: Vertical, 7-wire; 5' x 9' vine spacing; cane pruned
- Composition: 95% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Cabernet Franc
- Case Production: 541 Cases
- pH: 3.74
- TA (g/100ml): 0.58
- Harvest Date: October 27, 2006
- Brix: 26.8
- Aging: 20 months in 100% new French oak barrels
- Finishing: Bottled unfined and filtered on August 21, 2008
- Release Date: September 15, 2009
Bouquet: Sumptuous aromas of rich dark berries, vanilla, and sweet smoke.
Flavor: Sweet black cherry and blackberry flavors mingled with tobacco, mineral and wood smoke; bold, substantial tannins, mouthfilling richness, layered complexity, and a strong finish.