- Appellation: Napa Valley
- Vineyard Site: 1/2 mile south of St. Helena on Lewelling Lane, an alluvial fan at the base of the western foothills
- Soil: Bale gravelly loam
- Vines: Cabernet Sauvignon on 110R rootstock
- Trellis: Vertical, 7-wire; 5' x 9' vine spacing; cane pruned
- Composition: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Case Production: 443 Cases
- pH: 3.79
- TA (g/100ml): 0.56
- Harvest Date: October 2, 2007
- Brix: 27.4
- Aging: 19 months in 100% new French oak barrels
- Finishing: Bottled unfined and filtered on August 12, 2009
- Release Date: September 15, 2010
Bouquet: An enticing mix of black fruit, tobacco and toasty oak aromas mingled with highlights of vanilla, cedar and licorice.
Flavor: Concentrated black cherry, cassis, blueberry pie and espresso flavors; sweet smoke, anise and cedar; mouth-filling complexity and layered richness; dense but polished tannins and a very long finish.