- Appellation: Napa Valley
- Vineyard Site: 1/2 mile south of St. Helena on Lewelling Lane, an alluvial fan at the base of the western foothills
- Soil: Bale gravelly loam
- Vines: Cabernet Sauvignon on 110R rootstock
- Trellis: Vertical, 7-wire; 5' x 9' vine spacing; cane pruned
- Composition: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Case Production: 432 Cases
- pH: 3.84
- TA (g/100ml): 0.57
- Harvest Date: October 1, 2008
- Brix: 27.6
- Aging: 16 months in 100% new French oak barrels
- Finishing: Bottled unfined and filtered on August 11, 2010
- Release Date: September 15, 2011
Bouquet: Sumptuous aromas of blackberry, cassis, Bing cherry and spice mixed with highlights of tobacco, cedar, vanilla and anise.
Flavor: Concentrated black plum, black cherry, and cassis flavors; allspice, dark cocoa, juniper and sweet smoke; exceptional depth and complexity; multi-layered richness; mouthfilling, velvety tannins and a lingering finish.