- Appellation: Napa Valley
- Vineyard Site: 1/2 mile south of St. Helena on Lewelling Lane, an alluvial fan at the base of the western foothills
- Soil: Bale gravelly loam
- Vines: Cabernet Sauvignon on 110R rootstock
- Trellis: Vertical, 7-wire; 5' x 9' vine spacing; cane pruned
- Composition: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Case Production: 766 Cases
- pH: 3.86
- TA (g/100ml): 0.59
- Harvest Date: October 1, 2008
- Brix: 27.6
- Aging: 18 months in 100% French oak barrels
- Finishing: Bottled unfined and filtered on August 11, 2010
- Release Date: September 15, 2011
Bouquet: Evocative red plum, dark berry, and ruby red cherry aromas mingled with notes of anise, almond blossom, espresso, and charcoal.
Flavor: Blackberry, creme de cassis, and tart cherry flavors; baking spice, mineral, coffee, and cedar; full-bodied with sweet, round tannins, impeccable balance and lively acidity.