- Appellation: Napa Valley
- Vineyard Site: 1/2 mile south of St. Helena on Lewelling Lane, an alluvial fan at the base of the western foothills
- Soil: Bale gravelly loam
- Vines: Cabernet Sauvignon on 110R rootstock
- Trellis: Vertical, 7-wire; 5' x 9' vine spacing; cane pruned
- Composition: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Case Production: 380 Cases
- pH: 3.80
- TA (g/100ml): 0.59
- Harvest Date: October 6, 2009
- Brix: 27.6
- Aging: 17 months in 80% new French oak barrels
- Finishing: Bottled unfined and filtered on August 17, 2011
- Release Date: September 15, 2012
Bouquet: Enticing raspberry, cassis, and red plum aromas mixed with notes of chocolate and toasty oak.
Flavor: Rich blueberry, Bing cherry and red raspberry flavors mingled with woodsmoke, earth, and spice; mouth-filling, velvety tannins and a complex, lingering finish.